About The NIA
Competitors in the Field, Partners in Industry
Who we are
The NIA is the only Niagara-based organization that focuses solely on advancing the interests of Niagara’s industrial sector to ensure Niagara is a competitive place to do business.
What we do
The NIA influences government policy, pursues business development opportunities, provides members with important industry information, builds strategic partnerships and leverages programs and services that support industrial development.
The Niagara Industrial Association (NIA) was created in 2007 by Niagara manufacturers to organize and unite the regional manufacturing industries and advocate for policies that help our members succeed.
Some of NIA’s achievements include the following:
- Reversed the Niagara Region’s decision to stop industrial garbage pick up (2008)
- Reduced Regional development charges to zero for a two-year period (2012)
- Coordinated guest speakers for NIA general meetings to showcase Niagara manufacturers, as well as speak about best practices, regulatory issues, business opportunities, and other initiatives
- Created business development opportunities in a variety of sectors
- Lobbied for $100 million SODP funding support for industry
- Participated in many trade and business development missions on behalf of Niagara manufacturers resulting in a heightened profile and new business opportunities for Niagara-based manufacturing companies
Niagara manufacturers are justifiably optimistic for the future of the industry. With multimodal transportation (rail, highway, water) and excellent proximity to the New York, USA border while remaining within an hour of the GTA Niagara is ideally situated to serve both markets. Coupling location with the breadth of manufacturing expertise Niagara manufacturers working together can meet virtually any manufacturing need.
As membership grows, the NIA will be able to further advocate and advance the interests of the manufacturing and industrial sectors in Niagara and beyond.